What is the GasPT?
GasPT is an online analyser that provides the physical properties of natural gas – hence the name Gas Properties Transmitter. GasPT provides the following physical properties of natural gas:
- Calorific Value (CV) / British Thermal Unit (BTU)
- Wobbe Index (WI)
- Relative Density (RD)
- Compression Factor (Z)
- Methane Number (MN)
- Total Air Requirements (TAR)
- Plus others
How does it work?
GasPT utilises three detectors to perform its analysis. These detectors are a Thermal Conductivity Detector (TCD), Acoustic Resonator (Ultrasonic Detector) and an Infrared Detector (IR Absorption). The TCD derives the thermal conductivity, the acoustic resonator obtains the density and the IR detector determines the CO2 content in the natural gas mixture. From this analysis the GasPT infers a composition for the natural gas mixture, which it then uses to calculate gas properties via ISO6976.
Why choose GasPT?
The GasPT excels in performance when compared with traditional methods of natural gas properties analysis.
There are various features of the GasPT which support this, such as:
- 2-8 second analysis time for all properties.
- No utility gas required (e.g. Carrier Gas).
- High accuracy (consult data sheet for more information)
- No calibration required.
- Virtually no maintenance required.
- No configuration or set-up required (“Plug & Play”)
- Low initial and installation cost.
- Low operational cost.
Contact us for more information.